Wednesday 20 January 2021

Behati Prinsloo and SRT Namibia

Behati Prinsloo, Namibian super model, has joined forces with SRT to raise awareness for rhino conservation. She launched a global campaign and since has created a huge following and awareness of SRT's work to protect the critically endangered black rhino species and preserve the population.

When Behati was approached by SRT Trustee, Ginger Mauney, she jumped at the chance to get involved, and soon found herself on a plane to Namibia with a film crew to follow SRT’s trackers as they kept an eye on the country’s dwindling black rhino population.

“We were so overwhelmed with the passion of these guys on the ground that I really wanted to be their mouthpiece. I really felt a special responsibility, because I do have a platform and this is something I’m very passionate about. It’s my responsibility to at least try and make a change. Namibia is my home. It’s the secret jewel of Mother Africa. It’s also one of the most amazing places in the world, and the rhinos contribute to this sense of wonder. I grew up there and it is where my parents still live so this cause is very close to my heart. The opportunity to come home to see what is happening, to meet people caring for orphaned black and white rhinos, and to work with the trackers, rangers and communities to raise awareness is very important to me. Someday, I want to take my children to experience these animals in the wild. They’ve inspired us for generations; it’s on us to help them now.”

- Behati

Purchase photo/4K video: portfolio1 portfolio2
Aerial photo/video service/inquiries: info@traveltonamibia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment